First, congratulations! You might be newly engaged if you’re reading this. I know how stressful planning a wedding can be. As your makeup friend, I would like to relieve you of some stress by providing you with skincare and makeup tips that are perfect for your wedding.
Need wedding makeup?
Call now at 813-531-7770
Let’s start with the base of all makeup: skincare. For someone who’s never tried a skincare routine, it can be overwhelming. I will explain the importance of having a skincare routine before your wedding, what products you should have, and other suggestions.
Let me start by saying that I’m not an esthetician, dermatologist or any other professional. My opinion about skincare and makeup. Consult your dermatologist for the best products to use on your skin.
From the makeup artist’s perspective, skin is similar to a canvas. Prime the canvas before painting. This will help to ensure that your paint adheres to the canvas and is applied precisely as you want. Skin preparation is no exception. It makes the job easier for the makeup artist. The makeup will also come off faster and reveal the texture. Before applying makeup, it is essential to prepare the skin. When the skin is hydrated and supple on the bride, the makeup looks even better.
Tip #1: Make the most of what you already have
- You don’t need to change your whole skincare routine just because it is popular on TikTok, or a salesperson at a cosmetic counter recommended it. Your wedding will be worth every penny that you save.
- If you have any products that are not harsh or too stripping, then they can be incorporated into your routine. Add some skin-friendly products to your practice.
Tip #2: Keep to a routine.
- Oil cleansers are an excellent option for a nighttime skincare routine. Continue reading to find out more about each product. If you are still trying to figure out where to start, this simple skincare routine can make a massive difference to your skin.
- You can use SPF, cleanser, and moisturizer for your morning skincare routine.
- Consistency and reliability are critical. If necessary, set yourself a SMART goal or a daily alarm. But do not let this stop you. It will be a great memory for your wedding. I don’t treat it as a chore. Instead, I light a candle, put away my phone, and spend 5 minutes on my skincare.
Use Only One New Product At A Time. Start Early.
- It is always early enough to start your skincare journey. You should begin testing early on what works for your skin.
- Add a few new products at a given time to your routine. Every month, add a new product to your skincare routine. This will help you identify the product in case of an allergic reaction. It will also prevent your skin from reacting because you make too many changes simultaneously.
Tip #5 – Get A Facial Two Weeks Before Your Wedding.
- A facial can be a great way to brighten and hydrate your skin. I get facials even if my skincare routine is perfect. Aestheticians have access to medical-grade masks and skincare tools that I cannot buy or use myself.
- You should have a facial if you’ve never had one before. This is to allow you time to recover, if necessary, from the extractions or to see if there are any allergies to the products used.
Let’s get into the product recommendations after a few skincare tips. Let’s dive deeper into product recommendations*.
Oil Cleansers – This cleanser you use to remove your makeup and SPF. This is one product I cannot live without!
- Green Clean Makeup Removal Cleansing Balm – A classic!
- Deep Cleaning Oil – I like cleaners with a dispenser.
- Clinique Cleansing balm to remove Makeup : Another Classic!
Daily Cleansers: Use This Cleanser In The Morning And Evening.
- Sanitas Sensitive Wash- After using a bad acne face mask at COVID-19, I switched to this cleanser. After using this cleanser, my skin feels softer.
- First Aid Beauty Face Wash: Excellent for combination skin
- Salicylic Acid Pore and Acne Cleanser: A more affordable solution for acne-prone skin or oily complexions.
Retinols could be faster to show results. Retinol may show more immediate results. Retinol may cause irritation, dryness, and flakiness. It is best to use them early or as an exfoliant. Retinols work bottom-up, while exfoliants work top-down. Retinol is an excellent addition to any skincare routine, but it’s essential for people with hyperpigmentation or skin with a more textured texture. Ask your dermatologist for the best advice on using retinol. Adapalene/Differin or Tretinoin are the most common products used by people.
Vitamin C – If you have red skin or uneven tone, vitamin C is a good option. This is not a product that I would use if life or death were at stake.
Need wedding makeup?
Call now at 813-531-7770
- C E Ferulic- A classic, but expensive! ($169)
- Squalene Rose Oil with Vitamin C: I buy this product when I need it.
Moisturizers – You should not spend much on this product. Staying hydrated is essential, but it doesn’t have to be expensive.
- Natural Moisturizers with HA – Ideal for combination skin.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repairing Cream: Great for dry winter skin
- True Cream Aqua Bomb Is One of My Favorite Go-To’s When It Comes to Oily/Combination Skin
- ELF Fragrance-Free Holy Hydration! Face Cream – Great drugstore option
SPF Sunscreen should be used daily, even if you use exfoliants or retinol. SPF of 35 is the minimum.
- Supergoop! Unseen sunblock – she’s expensive but fantastic. Although other sunscreens are available that work just as well, I prefer the one I currently use. It feels like a primer on your skin. The FSA Card can be used to purchase this product.
Pimple Patches – If you get a pimple near your wedding day, don’t panic! You can use pimple patches to reduce inflammation and zap acne. Do not pop the pimple. If it scabs, the makeup will not adhere to your skin. Try to make it as flat as possible because you can cover it up with concealer or color correction.
- Hero Cosmetics Might Patch – My go-to! (Another FSA-eligible product)
These are my personal recommendations and not affiliate links.
Find out more about ordering skincare. You don’t have to use all of the products in this article. Stick to the routines above and do what you can every day. P.S. I don’t use an eye cream every day because I tend to get under the eyes milia. It helps concealer to glide on more smoothly.
You can prepare yourself for the wedding trial by using these makeup tips.
Tip #1: Make A Touch-Up Bag For Your Wedding Day At Your Local Beauty Salon.
- Bring a shade of lipstick that you like to your wedding. Lipstick only lasts a part of the day if you drink and eat. Some lipsticks may claim to stay for a long time, but they can be drying and uncomfortable.
- For my clients, Charlotte Tilbury’s Pillowtalk is a cult favorite.
Set Areas With Setting Powder. My Favorite Is Hourglass
- Mini Veil Translucent Setting Powder – Talc Free.
- If you decide to wear false eyelashes, I’ll give you a tube of lash adhesive and a powder puff so you can apply powder throughout the night.
Tip #2: Schedule your practice run on the date of your engagement shoot or any other occasion you attend, such as brunch, dinner, date night, or dinner.
- This will allow you to see how your makeup looks in photos. You can also see how your makeup appears in pictures. You can try the makeup for one day if you cannot schedule a trial during your engagement shoot.
Tip #3: Experiment with new things.
- It is best to perform these treatments before your trial run if you consider lash extensions or spray tanning for your wedding. You can then see if your makeup matches your skin tone and lashes.
- You can decide whether to use false lashes on your wedding day by doing a trial run.
Tip #4: Take inspirational photos to help you with your test run.
- You can even take screenshots of the photos.
- Use phrases like “I love the eye makeup on this model because it’s soft and neutral.”
- While I don’t like the wingliner, her eyes are what I love about this look.
- Pinterest is not likely to be the source of inspiration. These photos are heavily photo-shopped, featuring models with specific features.
Open yourself to suggestions and feedback.
- My clients have a wonderful experience when they trust me and believe in my honesty. It is my job to discuss and set expectations on what will look best for you and how it can enhance and complement your facial features. Because everyone is different, only some makeup looks will suit you. I’ve served more than 100 clients and have the knowledge and experience to help you choose what is best for your needs.
It is essential to do a trial run before your wedding. You can try out different looks and test products. Bring any inspirational photos or ideas you have. You will get more out of your trial run if you bring images or pictures. I am happy to hear your concerns and preferences as your makeup artist. Feel free to try different options and experiment until you find the one that suits you. By preparing for your trial run properly, you can feel confident and beautiful about your wedding.
The following tips will make wedding planning easier.
Contact Michelle Renee The Studio Now
Michele Renee The Studio specializes in airbrush makeup application and hair styles. Based in Tampa, FL, we serve a global client base for weddings, boudoir, corporate, film, television, social events, photo shoots, and more! Our extensive portfolio showcases numerous happy clients that have shared their big day with us such as:
Book with us today by clicking HERE!
Perfection is a word that we don’t take lightly at Michele Renee The Studio. Simply put, your wedding day should be perfect! We pride ourselves on quality! It’s really the one thing our brides tell us we exceed in time and time again. To achieve this, we ONLY hire other award winning artists and ONLY use top quality products. Don’t believe it? Check out our testimonials on our page and on Google!
Thoroughly trained in a cornucopia of hair and makeup fields, our team of expert artists and their years of experience place them alongside other world class on-locations hair and makeup services. We also specialize in courses teaching YOU with our assorted classes you can sign up for such as:
Take our years of knowledge and combine it with a talented team of artists who wish to create a memorable wedding day experience, and you get Michele Renee The Studio. – Contact us now, we’d love to book your appointment for makeup or hair, answer questions, or even help you pick your wardrobe!